There are so many reasons love easy and delicious Slow Cooker Recipes. Here are a few tips, ideas, and pointers you can use when cooking this meals:
1. Slow cooker photo tip #1: It can be challenging to take good photos of slow-cooked meals. Unfortunately, the process of slow cooking mutes the vibrant colors of most vegetables, rendering them dull and unattractive.
To get around this, gently steam a few pieces of your main vegetables, such as broccoli and red bell pepper, right before taking photos to add some much-needed pops of color to your recipes.
2. Slow cooker photo tip #2: Another challenge with photographing slow cooked foods is that main ingredient (usually different types of meat) are often brown. Lumps of brown food are not particularly attractive by themselves, so be sure to sprinkle with some fresh chopped herbs and/or pair with more vibrant side dishes for more compelling photos.
3. Slow cooker photo tip #3: If colorful ingredients or side dishes aren’t an option, you can always bring in more color with your choice of photo props. Colorful kitchen towels, backgrounds, accessories, and fresh flowers can all be used to breathe more life into otherwise dull compositions.
4. Benefit #1: Slow cooker recipes are usually super easy to prepare and get on the table. For this reason, they appeal to all levels of home cooks who are looking for easy, delicious meals to serve after a busy day. Share these recipes with your friends to help them solve the dreaded “what’s for dinner?” dilemma.
5. Benefit #2: Slow cooker recipes are often cost-effective. Thanks to the magic of slow cooking, tougher, more cost-effective cuts of meat can be transformed into fall-apart tender dishes the whole family will love. With the cost of healthy, whole food ingredients climbing higher and higher, your friends will appreciate these delicious recipes that help them save some money at the grocery store.
6. Benefit #3: Slow cooker recipes save time. It seems everyone is so pressed for time these days. Slow cooker recipes make is so easy to prepare delicious, home-cooked meals without spending hours in the kitchen. All they need to do is toss in the ingredients and go about their day. Stress the time-saving benefits of these recipes to show you understand the challenges they face by offering convenient, time-saving recipes.
7. Recipe-Specific Tip #1: Before preparing the Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats, be sure to either line or heavily grease the sides of your slow cooker crock. Otherwise, clean up will be much more difficult and time consuming.
8. Recipe-Specific Tip #2: For best results, be sure to choose a multi-color wild rice mix if you plan to use dairy products in your recipe. Black long-grain wild rice tends to turn an unappetizing shade of purple when paired with liquid dairy ingredients such as milk, heavy cream, or half and half.
9. Recipe-Specific Tip #3: Puree a can of cannellini or other white beans to create a more “creamy” texture for soups without adding a lot of extra cream or other dairy ingredients to your recipes.
10. Recipe-Specific Tip #4: To thicken soups and to add more depth to each bite, transfer 2-3 cups of the soup to a blender and blend until smooth. (Be very careful when blending hot liquids as they can “explode.”
Make sure the blender top is properly vented first and allow the hot liquid to cool slightly before proceeding). Stir the smooth mixture back in with the rest of the soup before serving.
Check Out Our Other Slow Cooker Recipes Below:
- Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Spicy Pineapple Pork
- Creamy Wild Rice And Mushroom Soup
- Mulled Apple Cider
- Tuscan Sausage Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Brocolli
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Did you like “Top 10 Tips For Slow Cooker Recipes”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.