This healthy and delicious salsa recipe comes together in just 20 minutes. It will keep in the refrigerator for several days, so you can double the recipe to enjoy with your favorite Mexican or Tex-Mex dishes or as a snack with your favorite tortilla chips.
Quick & Easy Spicy Salsa Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 medium Yellow onion, diced small
- 1 medium Green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 medium Jalapeno, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 large Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp Dried Mexican oregano
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 1/2 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion and peppers become soft, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Mexican oregano, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and water. Stir to combine and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Once slightly cool, puree mixture with an immersion blender, leaving slightly chunky, or transfer to a regular blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times until just blended.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl and stir in fresh lime juice and cilantro. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Serve immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Enjoy!
Did you like “Quick & Easy Spicy Salsa Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.