The stuffed zucchini with ground beef and a mixture of tomatoes, spicy rice, and fresh condiments is a popular dish in the Middle East that is delicious and full of taste, flavor, and aroma.
Stuffed Zucchini With Ground Beef And Rice
- 12 pcs Medium zucchini
- 2 cups Rice
- 600 grams Ground lean beef or lamb
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Saffron
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Mix spices
- 2 tsp Water
- 1 cup Fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 tsp Dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 175° C
- Wash rice then drain and add saffron. Let is sit for 10 min then mix until the rice becomes yellow.
- Trim stems from zucchini and scoop out the heart.
- Add the minced meat to the rice and mix with olive oil, pepper, cumin, spices, and dill.
- Stuff the zucchini 2/3 full. The stuffing will expand when it’s cooked.
- In a medium size pot lightly coated with olive oil, bring the water to boil then add the chopped tomatoes, crushed garlic, and pepper.
- Place the stuffed zucchini in the pot and cook, covered on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Once the zucchini is cooked, remove them from the sauce and place them on a platter. Place the sauce in a bowl so people can add it as desired. Serve while still warm with low-fat or non-fat yogurt to enrich the dish with calcium and vitamin D.
Did you like “Recipe For Stuffed Zucchini With Ground Beef And Rice (Kousa Mahshi)”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.