This hearty and satisfying breakfast recipe will get your day off to a great start. Although it can be prepared in 30 minutes, you can save even more time on busy weekday mornings by roasting a large batch of sliced sweet potatoes ahead of time.
Simply store the pre-cooked slices in the refrigerator in an airtight container, and then pop them under the broiler or in a toaster oven to warm through before serving.
Avocado And Sweet Potato Toast
- 1-2 Medium sweet potatoes, sliced ¼” thick (8 slices total)
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 Large eggs
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 1 Medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional: Smoked paprika, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F and place a wire rack inside a large, rimmed baking sheet. Spray rack with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- While the oven is heating, mash the avocados in a medium bowl with a fork. Add tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and back pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices on the prepared wire rack and place in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until slices are fork tender, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the sweet potato slices are cooking, heat half the olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add 4 eggs and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Cover pan and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are done to the desired consistency, around 3-5 minutes. Remove lid and transfer eggs to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs.
- To serve, top each sweet potato slice with a spoonful of fresh guacamole and a warm sunny-side-up egg. Sprinkle with smoked paprika, if desired. Enjoy!
Did you like “Avocado And Sweet Potato Toast Recipe”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on your favorite social media channel.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.