This healthy entrée features economical chicken tenders and plenty of fresh vegetables, rather than large amounts of more expensive meat. It can be enjoyed on its own or served over a bed of cauliflower rice to absorb the delicious, rich sauce.
The flavor is even better the next day, so consider making a double batch for a quick and healthy lunch the following day.
Paleo Tex-Mex Chicken Recipes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 medium Yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium Red bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2-3 cloves Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 lb Chicken tenders
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 14-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth, preferably organic
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Avocado, diced
- Pickled jalapenos and red onion, to serve, (check recipe notes for recipe)
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper, tomatoes, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are tender, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken tenders and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook until the chicken develops a bit of color on each side, around 6-7 minutes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, until everything is well coated and the spices are fragrant, around 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. Reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook until the chicken is fully cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, around 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with diced avocado or pickled jalapenos and red onion (check recipe notes for recipe), if desired, and serve immediately with cauliflower rice or your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
Did you like “Paleo Tex-Mex Chicken Recipes”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Will you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.