Warak Enab is one of the popular appetizers in Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, and Egypt.
Warak Enab Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cup White rice uncooked
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Dried mint
- 1 1/2 jar Grape leaves
- Remove the grape leaves from jar or use freshly cut and soak them for 3 hours in cold water.
- Wash the rice with water and soak it for 1 hour.
- Mix the tomato, rice, parsley, coriander, pepper and lemon juice together.
- Fill the grape leaves with the above filling.
- In a saucepan, place stuffed grape leaves in layers over tomato cubes then pour lemon juice and olive oil on top.
- Add water and simmer it covered on low heat for about 1½ hours or until cooked.
Did you like “Warak Enab Recipe (STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES)”? We would greatly appreciate if you share this on Facebook and Tweet it.
Did you try this recipe? Share photos of your finish dish or your own version of it in the comment section below.